top of page

Cordelia's Corner

Updated: Nov 23, 2020

Welcome to Cordelia's Corner


Have your records organized to make preparing a tax return easier. It may also help you discover potentially overlooked deductions or credits.

Include in your tax records:

  • Forms W-2 from employers

  • Forms 1099 from banks and other payers

  • Other income documents and records of virtual currency transactions.

Include your Notice 1444 Your Economic Tax Payment with your tax records if you received an Economic Impact Payment.

Notify the IRS if your address changes and notify the Social Security Administration of a legal name change.

Remember, most income is taxable. This includes:

  • unemployment income,

  • refund interest,

  • income from the gig economy, and

  • virtual currencies.

Make sure you've withheld enough tax

Use the Tax Withholding Estimator to help you determine the right amount of tax to have withheld from your paycheck. This tool on will help determine if you need to adjust your withholding and submit a new Form W-4 to your employer. Consider estimated tax payments. If you receive a substantial amount of non-wage income like self-employment income, investment income, taxable Social Security benefits and in some instances, pension and annuity income you should make quarterly estimated tax payments, with the last payment for 2020 due on Jan. 15, 2021. Payment options can be found at


bottom of page